Top Car Sprite Tutorial
For creating games you need if not good graphics at least some decent graphics. If you are not an artist by your own you have 3 options:
- hire/collaborate with a good artist
- buy existing assets from sites selling them
- make your own graphics
Looking for different resources, I discovered that sometimes is not so hard to create your own sprites. Here is an old tutorial from an old forum for creating a top view car sprite:
- Start with basic layout… Seats, front and rear.
- Add wheels. Make sure all wheels are the same size.
- Start covering.
- Remove the underline.
- Add color and some shading.
Found here, created by Krysis.