How to install Google play services (gapps) manually in your spice mi 495 android phone?
For those who use spice mi 495 and
are stuck trying to update Google
apps and are unable to install Google play services with error on screen showing incompatible with other apps using the same shared user id. Here is a tested and working solution.
1.Backup all the data and apps u already have on your phone as we are going for a factory reset. ( To backup current version apks of the
app use root explorer and copy all apks from /data/app and some apks from /mnt/asec/ ).
2.Downloaded latest signed gapps for Android ICS from here (49.64 MB).
3. Turn off your phone.
4. Boot phone in recovery mode( Power off + Volume up) and Wipe data/factory reset. (This is why you need to back up everything.)
5. Flash the latest signed Gapps downloaded earlier.
6. Wipe Dalvik cache and cache partition then reboot.
7. Downloaded the latest version of Google Play Store and installed it. (You can download version 4.5.10 of
play store from here [3.69 MB] )
8. Update all the Gapps via Play Store. (Meanwhile if there are updates for other than Google apps you may update them too.)
9. Then install Google Play Services and done!
Note:- Alternatively in place of
step 7 you can open the Market (Play Store) and tap agree. Then press home and leave it for awhile. After the Play Store is updated, open it and tap agree again. The new Play Store should download Google Play Services and install it for you.
-Shared by Vivek Mishra. A big Thanks to him.
Posted on March 18, 2014, in Spice MI-495 steller virtuoso and tagged 4.6, android, easy, error, gapps, ics, incompatible, micromax, new, play, playstore, services, sharedid, solution mi495, spice, this, updated, version, vivek, way, xda, xolo. Bookmark the permalink. 8 Comments.